I’m going through a rough patch (aren’t I always…) and the run-of-the-mill inspirational words aren’t quite cutting it. I’ve collect a few off-the-wall phrases to help me through…
1. “Embrace the suck.” – My manager, Ross
2. “You can’t be broke forever, baby.” – Mom
3. “When in doubt, drop out!” – My besticle, Lola
4. “I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while it lasts.” – Johnny Depp
5. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
6. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
I’m trying to trust in the process; to give in with the understanding that all this is for a reason, but the end is so unclear, the mission so vague that it hardly seems reasonable.