… and I’ve been thinking about the end of the semester and how my summer will go. I still have three finals to attend to as well as courses to take over the summer. the month of April has kept me busier than the hamsters (poor lil tired furry feet) that run the internet. I want to finish strong but I just really wanna be done. I’m kind of feeling like this…
Well, not exactly like this… GWAR kinda went a little left with it…
I have a Summer To-Do List (one of my many ongoing lists)
1. Get back into Yoga! I miss being flexible and centered; one with the universe and all that jazz. Really I just used to get up in the morning, read a Bible verse, do some yoga, and drink a glass of OJ. It was my quiet time to get my day started. But I’ve been “rippin’ and runnin’ ” (as my Mom would say) so aggressively these last two semesters that I’ve really fallen off with my discipline.
2. I want my blog to be taken seriously, so I WILL post more consistently. At LEAST every three days.
3. Little known fact: I don’t have my licence, so I want to FINALLY get that. (tired of “Oh you can’t drive? What’s wrong with you?” commentary… *frown*)
4. Work! Work! Work! … and Save! Save! Save!
5. Get crafty and start on all the projects ion my head! (I’m a little homemaker, tall and thin, here are my scissors, here is my glue!)
6. Network More!! I’m friendly and resourceful, why aren’t I better connected?
7. Go to the beach! It get;s kinda played out in Florida so believe it or not, I haven’t been in about a year!
8. Get in SHAPE!!!!
9. Travel! I want to go somewhere on my own time. I want to visit and appreciate at my own leisure, not when you’re on a family trip and the only parts of Brooklyn you see are in your grand-aunt’s house.
10. Stop cursing! I don’t do it too often, but I’m too complacent with it. It slips out comfortably in conversation like it belongs. (GET BACK IN THE BASEMENT, EXPLETIVE!!!!!!) It betrays my labyrinthine vocabulary! I want to be better!
11. I want to read WAY more often. Not just required text. Mounds of homework over the years make you shirk from literature like vampires from the light. Somebody, please recommend me some a good read!
12. Look ahead to the fall semester and plan out my involvement and career goals. i need to get serious about what I’m going to do in the coming years. I wont be in college forever (no matter how it feels now). Will it be grad school? A 9-5 job? Med School? Will I pursue my passions and roam the world for a while?
Ok so… what else?
I met Finesse Mitchell (yum) when he came to our school! I got a couple of pictures with him, the one I’m using as my background is definitely the BESTEST!!! went to a leadership conference which was enlightening and great! I learned about motivation, goal-setting, and working with others. This week went by super fast!!
Summer, GWAR, and Finesse Mitchell’s ole’ sexy self!!!!