Hello you guise! Welcome to 2014! I know I’ve been gone and it has been a struggle-and-a-half just remembering my password, but I am back and already it feels natural. Like no time has passed; like it was just yesterday. I had so may things I wanted to discuss, to share. Last semester was a nightmarish blur and here I am, on the edge of the real word; staring down the barrel of my last semester ans an undergraduate student. Crap!
As much as I want to get mushy and wax poetic, I just haven’t the time. Here’s what’s been going on in a brief, but informative list.
1. Be true to yourself. Even if/when it hurts you. The truths you stifle and swallow now, will come back as burning bile.
2. I have hair. It’s not what the naturalist-as have it cracked up to be. I miss clippers.
3. Clean up your iTunes; if Fallout Boy doesn’t represent you anymore, it’s OK.
4. Stop saving those clothes for “the right occasion”, you may eventually get fat. Wear a ball gown on campus.
5. It’s HARD to live in two times at once: fulfilling your commitments in one chapter (college), while preparing for another (whatever’s after college, IDK Starbucks!?)
6. I have no idea how to file taxes, and at any rate I’m too poor to.
7. Do what fulfills your soul, what best befits your personal growth path.
8. Growing up sucks BOOTY CHEEKS!!! Big Ole Cherokee (yes, the adult film star, no this is not an invitation to ask me about my business) butt cheeks! … but I wouldn’t (not that I could!) have it any other way.
9. Depression is REAL! (yes, this includes black folks) … but so are all the reasons not to be. 🙂 You can’t do any of the things I mentioned if you can’t forgive yourself first.
10. Pick a role model; for deep reasons, for shallow reasons, for career advice, or how to learn the eyebrow-concealer trick! Have a few, have a bunch, but always be wanting MORE from yourself and life. Enlist the help of someone who can show you how! You are worth it!
I missed this space, this freedom. I will try not to leave you guise for so long. I was away, but I can bring you too!
Nancy Not-So Negative
P.S. LEAVE ME ALONE PHONE!! I’m threatening to move into a cave!