I said Jerome’s in the how-oo-ow-oo-ah watchyamouth!
This smooth-talking fast-walking cool cat playa from the Himalayas was, and undoubtedly remains, one of Martin Lawrence’s most notorious characters. His signature theme song and pimped-out aesthetic made him a memorable and hilarious character in the community Martin created for his viewers.
His recognizable leisure suit can be yours for the low low price of a hot glue gun and a trip to Party City.
This look was simple to put together.
- I got a jogger suit from Goodwill for $7 and cut the sweatpants into shorts.
- I cut the sleeves from the jacket and used the white panel to overlay the shoulder and back branded patches.
- I Googled the look using HD pictures to draw on the logos with a sharpie. Looked good from afar, a little sloppy up close.
- I used a slightly darker foundation (my summer color) to complete my skin tone with baby powder to recreate his shockingly ashy knees.
- The toothblack tasted like mint if mint were on meth!
- The church shoes and tank top I had.
- I practiced my moves, and got as near as possible to his famous gravely drawl.
- The whole costume took forty-five mninutes to an hour to create and perfect!
It went over like gang busters! No one recognized me. I took so many pictures and did the dance till my back hurt. This costume got me free drinks! No more sexy costumes! 🎃
Just a little creativity and a solid pop culture reference is all you need. You don’t have to spend too much money, and you can be warm and covered and comfortable all night.
I said it’s Roze in the House!